Welcome to OpenZFS
The ninth annual OpenZFS Developer Summit will be held online, Nov 8-9 (Mon-Tue).
Register (before Nov 5, 2021) in order to participate in the conference presentations. The link to the live YouTube stream will be available for those who only want to view the conference: no registration required.
Thanks to our Diamond Sponsors
Note: all times are Pacific Time (which changes from Daylight to Standard the day before the conference).
|9:00-9:10||State of OpenZFS||Matt Ahrens||slides|
|9:10-9:50||DirectIO for ZFS||Brian Atkinson||Los Alamos National Lab||slides|
|10:10-11:40||ZFS on Object Storage||George Wilson, Matt Ahrens, Paul Dagnelie, Manoj Joseph||Delphix||slides|
|12:00-12:20||(optional) Discussion about volunteer opportunities||Brian Behlendorf|
|12:20-12:40||(optional) Planning for tomorrow's hackathon||George Wilson|
|12:40-1:00||ZFS performance on Windows||Imtiaz Mohammad||DataCore||slides|
|1:00-1:50||A New ZIL That Keeps Up With Persistent Memory Latency||Christian Schwarz||Independent||slides|
|2:10-3:10||ZettaCache: fast access to slow storage||Mark Maybee, Serapheim Dimitropoulos||Delphix||slides|
|3:30-3:50||Improving ZFS send/recv||Jitendra Patidar||Nutanix||slides|
|3:50-4:10||Adding Logical Quotas to ZFS||Sanjeev Bagewadi||Nutanix||slides|
|4:10-4:30||VDEV Properties||Allan Jude, Mark Maybee||Klara Systems, Delphix||slides|
|4:30-5:30||Closing and hangout|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Thanks to our key sponsors
|Diamond Sponsors||Platinum Sponsors|
Introduction to OpenZFS
OpenZFS is an open-source storage platform. It includes the functionality of both traditional file systems and volume manager. It has many advanced features including:
- Protection against data corruption. Integrity checking for both data and metadata.
- Continuous integrity verification and automatic “self-healing” repair
- Data redundancy with mirroring, RAID-Z1/2/3 [and DRAID]
- Support for high storage capacities — up to 256 trillion yobibytes (2^128 bytes)
- Space-saving with transparent compression using LZ4, GZIP or ZSTD
- Hardware-accelerated native encryption
- Efficient storage with snapshots and copy-on-write clones
- Efficient local or remote replication — send only changed blocks with ZFS send and receive
Contributing to OpenZFS
The OpenZFS project brings together developers from the Linux, FreeBSD, illumos, MacOS, and Windows platforms. OpenZFS is supported by a wide range of companies.
There are many ways to contribute to OpenZFS including:
- OpenZFS uses GitHub to track bug reports and feature development
- A monthly OpenZFS Leadership Meeting Zoom call to discussion active development
- The annual OpenZFS Developer Summit
Get Started with OpenZFS
A non-exhaustive list of OpenZFS features
OpenZFS Technical Resources
Feature Details. Detailed subsystem/feature blogs, on-disk format specifications: Developer Resources
We accept donations to cover our ongoing costs.
OpenZFS is an associated project of SPI (Software in the Public Interest). SPI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which handles our donations, finances, and legal holdings. You can donate through paypal using the link below: