Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
(Updating OSX www page.)
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
Revision as of 00:31, 14 March 2014
Welcome to OpenZFS
OpenZFS was announced in September 2013 as the truly open source successor to the ZFS project. Our community brings together developers from the illumos, FreeBSD, Linux, and OS X platforms, and a wide range of companies that build products on top of OpenZFS.
OpenZFS is an outstanding storage platform that encompasses the functionality of traditional filesystems, volume managers, and more, with consistent reliability, functionality and performance across all distributions:
|ZFS on Linux||Webpage||GitHub|
|OpenZFS on OS X||Webpage||GitHub|
The high-level goals of OpenZFS are:
- to raise awareness of the quality, utility, and availability of open source implementations of ZFS
- to encourage open communication about ongoing efforts to improve open source ZFS
- to ensure consistent reliability, functionality, and performance of all distributions of ZFS.
The main technical goal of OpenZFS is easier sharing of code between platforms. Strategies include:
- creating a platform-independent mailing list for developers to review ZFS code and architecture changes from all platforms
- smoothing the illumos integration process
- making it easy to run both ztest and the ZFS test suite (TestRunner or STF based) on each platform
- reducing code differences between the platforms.
February: Adam Leventhal wrote about the new OpenZFS write throttle in a blog post.
- How to participate
- Companies with products that are based on OpenZFS
- Download distributions that include OpenZFS
- Events – the forthcoming OpenZFS Developer Summit and more
- Developer resources
- About OpenZFS
All main pages (alphabetical order) …